I’m sorry guys. It has been soooo long since I gave you a new feed to read. But let’s be brutally honest, it was a little hard to trump the last post I did. That was freaking awesome!
I guess these past weeks I was a little preoccupied with …
You: “We understand Evvy. You’re probably really busy with being back at work at the newspaper. No biggie. It takes some time to get the rhythm back.”
Yeah err, about that… I ahm ….
You: You what???
Me: Don’t worry I got everything under control.
You: “WHY IN THE ASS’S FACE DID YOU QUIT?!”
Well people change. I changed. I always knew it would be hard to go back. But it only got crystal clear a couple of weeks ago. When I put my autograph on a piece of paper…
And because I knew there would be some non-understanding, I made a list of why my ‘retirement’ is a good thing for this planet and all living organisms.
1. I spend 95% less time in traffic.
I won’t be causing aggression nor will I insult you from behind the wheel. The streets will be a lot more safe and friendly without me driving them with my big soccer mom truck.
2. As a result I won’t be polluting this earth.
Every big change starts with yourself, okay?
3. I am a lot more zen on the inside which really benefits my surroundings.
4. People don’t have to hear me talk about all the cool stuff I do, all the free concerts and festivals I attend, all the famous people I meet and hug.
5. I’m leaving the limelight to somebody else for a change.
After all: sharing is caring.
5. I won’t be getting paid anymore to travel to exotic places.
From now on whenever I want to travel I will have to pay for it just like everybody else.
6. I got a goal with this blog and that is to make YOU feel better about your own life.
I cannot do that by turning everything back to normal. I need to struggle and suffer. I’m on a mission here.
So, what do you think about my retirement now?
If you now will excuse me, I got a busy day ahead of me …
but you’re more than welcome @ café Korsakov later this afternoon.